.

.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Come Fly Away. Or don't.

I wrote this whilst on my way home from Provo:

"I’m sitting here on the airplane, and here’s what I think. Flying is the worst. If man was meant to fly, they should figure out a less stressful way to do it. Every time I go on a plane, I come out feeling greasy and disgusting. Can somebody please explain why this happens? Actually don’t, if I knew I would probably never get on a plane again.

I’m not one of those people who is afraid to fly, I don’t expect the engine to come flying off, or the plane to crash to the ground, or for there to be some horrifying monster on the wing that is out to get William Shatner. It’s just … not fun. First of all, you have to get there mega early, or at least I do so I don’t get too stressed, and then once you get through security, you sit and wait. And then you get on the plane and you sit and wait. And then the plane takes off and you sit and wait. The plane lands and you sit and wait. Finally they taxi you to the gate and you sit and wait. When you finally get off the blasted plane, you have to wait for your baggage, which is not guaranteed to have arrived.

From previous experiences, I know that my flight and whole travel day could have gone much worse. And I am thankful for a quick way to travel across the country, so that I will be home in a matter of hours."

And that is as far as I got. I am so thankful to be home now, and yes, it took a while to get my bags. But they were all there.

That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment