.

.

Friday, August 19, 2011

My brother is a weirdo

I've been researching sea cucumbers. Here's what I have learned:

  • There are over 1500 species of sea cucumber.
  • Some have an endoskeleton that is kind of like armor and some don't have any skeleton at all.
  • North American and European sea cucumbers are generally around ten inches long.
  • They sometimes eject stringy, webby stuff in self-defense. 
  • They can be red, brown, green or a few other colors. Regardless they pretty much all look like poop.
  • They eat mud. 
  • They are gross.
  • Some people like to eat them, and I think those people are probably sick in the head.
  • I don't like sea cucumbers.
I found this one that I thought looked kind of cool: 

It is often called a sea apple, but it is really just another species of sea cucumber. I shall call her Sally. She can grow to about 8 inches and often feeds at night. When put in aquariums (or aquaria ... I guess. I don't believe it), they tend to starve to death. That's rude.

This is Blorb:
Photo of a Red Sea Cucumber

He is a Red Sea Cucumber and I gave him the name Blorb because I couldn't be bothered to think of a better one. Blorb is gross. He looks like I would never want to meet him in real life. If I did, I would probably have nightmares for the rest of forever.

If you hated this post, blame it on my brother. I sure am.

3 comments:

  1. My dad had to eat sea cucumber on his mission... said it was sick nasty-- they even got to take home leftovers (and that's why we have pictures) they look like Jello. Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post. Mainly blorb

    ReplyDelete