.

.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Manly Deeds, Womanly Words

At the beginning of the summer I wrote that I was determined to find happiness in the state of Maryland. My last memories with this place were less than pleasant, and I didn't want to have negative feelings toward it for the rest of my life.

Well I think I succeeded. On Sunday I was getting the farewell song (If you're sad and you know it, wave goodbye ... yeah) and my face surely showed it because I started crying right there in front of the entire Junior Primary. No matter how rowdy they can get at times, I love my CTR 6's more than I could ever have imagined. They are such bright, wonderful children who have the most wonderful testimonies. I will miss all of them so much and I hope that they will remember me for at least a few weeks and miss me as well.

Besides those beautiful kids, the rest of the people in my ward are just really super. That seems like such a lame adjective, but I'm talking super like Superman super. And that's super. The women in the ward are welcoming and loving and so fun. They are some of the most service-oriented ladies I have ever met. I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to know them.

Also, I got to spend one last summer with my family before I have to be a grown-up and move on. My brother and sister-in-law are pretty much mega fantastic and so fun to be around. I am so glad they were around to make me laugh all the time.  Pretty much anyone who has met my parents likes to tell me that they are the best people they know. I happen to agree. I couldn't have asked for better role models in my life to teach me how to be a successful human being.  They have motivated me a lot to work on being a better person and focus on the important things in life. I could gush about them a lot more, but I don't really have a desire to cry anymore.

So, Maryland. You win. I like you now. I hope you're happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment