.

.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fire and Rain

I was writing in my journal and enjoyed my own writing so thoroughly that I thought I would share it with the world ... or something like that.

Here's a thing: I love James Taylor. I think if a person doesn't love James Taylor, they are wrong. Or perhaps they don't know him. In which case, what the heck? Listen to James Taylor, hypothetical jerk! (I don't really think you're a jerk, I'm sorry) What's your problem? (Again, you're probably a wonderful person)

My point is that James Taylor is great and I think his greatness should be spread around. He makes me want to go to an unspecified Carolina. North or South, sounds great to me. He usually helps me sleep. Sometimes he distracts me from sleep by making me want to write about how much I love him, which is what is happening right now. I feel basically the same way about Cat Stevens except for that when I listen to "Here Comes My Baby" I want to walk around with a little jaunty step.

This very night I was having a brilliant conversation with my sister-in-law, Kimba. (We are completely switching gears here, by the way. I hope you're all following) All our conversations are brilliant because she is brilliant (and has a college degree to prove it). We were both lamenting about the fact that we love to write, but sometimes work more effectively when assigned a topic rather than having to think of one on our own. Like recently I have been wanting to write a new post, but I couldn't think of anything to write about. Thank goodness for James Taylor. He can do it all. So then I had an idea! Just five minutes ago actually.

Here is where you come in. I think that you, my dear readers, should give me some topics that you would perhaps want me to write about. If I like them (and by that I mean, can think of anything funny and awesome to say), I will write about them. And then I will feel accomplished for writing things, and you will feel important for contributing to this blog. Everybody wins! Unless nobody wants to participate. That's called a lose-lose situation and Michael Scott would be very disappointed in all of us. So please, comment! Message! Smoke signal! Morse code it! Although if you do those last two, I won't understand it, so maybe just tell me or something. I look forward to your super great suggestions!

4 comments:

  1. Fire and Rain is actually my favorite song of his. I like to pull out my guitar and pretend I'm as awesome as James Taylor, but usually someone calls my name from downstairs and the whole illusion is destroyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you should make a post comparing the distinctive qualities of two different species of sea cucumber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could compare and contrast your two great loves: ketchup and barbecue sauce. Or perhaps you could compile your favorite U2 hits, enumerating their virtues. Maybe you could just list the qualities of Bono you like best. Or give us your best responses to Guesstures prompts. Is there too much gold in this comment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mormons, Tabernacles, and Choirs

    ReplyDelete