.

.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ich liebe dich



Ok, readers (all four of you... hey, mom), don't think I'm being too forward, this is just the only German I know. But not for long! I am thrilled for my next semester at the wonderful Brigham Young University so I can get back to my roots and learn this fantastically angry sounding language. What a perfect New Year's resolution that I have to stick to because if I don't, I will fail a class! And it will be exciting to learn the language of my forefathers. I mean... I'm pretty sure I have some German in me.

Why am I learning German? Well thanks for asking. And I'm assuming you are asking because you typed the url, my friend. I took four years of Spanish in high school, and after discovering that I still don't really know any Spanish at all, and have no desire to learn it again, I felt it was probably time to move on. Spanish is awesome, but not for me. I don't really know if German will be for me, but I'm interested in finding out.

I'm even taking the "intensive" section of the class so I can get two semesters of German in only four months! Try to contain your enthusiasm, but I would be pretty impressed if I were you. I'm hoping that this will make the class more interesting and exciting for me, and not turn me into a German zombie (mmmm... Gehirne!!) that doesn't know her "ich" from her "sie." And yes, I'm looking all of these words up on freetranslation.com, but I won't have to in another month!

So now I wish you all a wonderful New Year, and I hope you can all find resolutions that you will be forced to keep!

Auf Wiedersehen (I actually did know how to say that one, but not how to spell it, so I still cheated. At least I'm honest about it)

3 comments:

  1. You are such a good writer. I love reading this, so post often.
    Yes, you do have a little German in you. That is where the Kecks came from, back when the family name was Von Kick. I am glad they changed it.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. If in a month you won't have to look up how to say zombie, then in a month I expect to hear you talking in Deutsch about mummies and vampires and ghosts and werewolves as well.

    ReplyDelete