.

.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Boredom

I had this whole day planned. It was going to be stressful, but I was going to manage it. i carefully calculated a plan to maximize the use of my time. I procrastinated homework throughout the week so I would have an exciting Friday full of drama and emotional thrill rides! I was going to do really poorly on my first German test of the semester. There was going to be a mad dash to the finish as I did the last of my online homework due today before three. I knew I would have to wait til after class to scribble out my last journal entry, further postponing my weekend joy. But all did not go according to plan. I finished everything.

And now, somehow, I am sitting in the dear, old Harold B. Lee Library with nothing to do with this excessive free time before my last class of the week. I'm not stressed in the slightest and my mind is racing with the prospects of the three day weekend in my future. When I go home tonight, I will have nothing to do but relax and de-stress from this mad crazy week. (Can't you tell that being an English Language major is improving my vocabulary exponentially?)

While I am thrilled that I was able to make such good use of my time, and even feel comfortably satisfied with my proficiency on my test, now I am lost in the awful limbo that is this hour. With nothing to do, I sit and wait. I stalk people on Facebook, I read my favorite blogs. But nobody had posted anything new since yesterday, and that annoyed me, so I decided to update my own. Hopefully I brighten someone's day in the same way that I am thrilled when I see new posts.

And now, dear reader, I am out of things to say. It happens, but I'm not excited about it as this post took me a grand total of 15 minutes to write, and I still have another forty minutes to waste before class. I wish all of you a more enjoyable time than I am having right now.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go being caught up with your work. a little boredom is a good thing. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete