.

.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Cady Groves, Hot Chelle Rae, oh boy oh boy!

This conversation took place on Monday:

Kendra: Listen to this new song by Cady Groves. (She then proceeds to tell me her whole life story)
             She's gonna be in Salt Lake on Wednesday! I would love to be able to go.
Me: What?! Why aren't you going?
Kendra: I don't have a car.
Me: Well let's go.
-- The look on her face at that moment was priceless. As though it isn't even possible that I could recommend such a thing.
Kendra: Erica! You don't understand. I love her! That would make my whole life.
Me: I think I do understand, Keng. Which is why let's go.
Kendra: Erica!
Me: Keng!

I don't necessarily have all the wording exactly right, and I definitely cut down the amount of times Keng looked at me with that disbelieving expression and said "Erica!" It was pretty hilarious. Needless to say, tickets were purchased, plans were made, and on Wednesday Katherine, Keng, and I were headed up to Salt Lake to rock out faces off to some Cady Groves. Oh and Hot Chelle Rae! Surprise, they were the headliners.

We hit up a bit of Salt Lake first though. It was beautiful and magical and everything I dreamed it would be. Here is our lovely little party wagon (did I just call us a party wagon?)



I know, I know. I am rocking those turquoise skinny jeans. Don't hate.

I know approximately two Hot Chelle Rae songs, but they are awesome songs. I know approximately zero about the band too, but that's ok. I learned some stuff. For example:

1. The lead singer is Ryan Follese. He likes to wear bandannas. I know he likes to wear them because he was wearing one at the concert. It looked fresh.
2. The main guitar guy is Nash Overstreet. If you watch Glee, like I used to before I realized how very much I hated it, you might know of Sam. Nash Overstreet is his brother. Also, I like him more. He has pierced ears, which is weird.
3. They have all been friends and/or related for a long time. Probably the related ones have been related longer than the friend ones have been friends. I can not confirm or deny that though.
4. They have a lot of incredibly obnoxious fans that I want to punch in the face, but it's difficult because I'm too busy trying to get them to stop touching me.
5. People are jerks.

0215122041a.jpg
Ain't they precious?

I don't know much about Cady Groves either, but I learned some things about her too:

1. She's super funny and suuuuuper tiny. She had a little booster stand on stage. It was cute.
2. She buys a hat every day.
3. She totally handled it well when people were asking her who she was and being awful.
4. People are jerks.

I really, really want to be able to express via the internet the expectations vs. reality of dancing at a concert. Basically you're there and you're rocking out and you feel like "oh yeah this is awesome I feel great wait why do I have my hands up like a T-Rex right now am I bouncing up and down in one tiny space oh no I look like a fool!"

So anyway, the whole experience was super great. Cady Groves talked to Keng directly, which basically made her life and I totally made eye contact with Nash, no bigs.

AAAAANNNNNNDDDD here's the part of the post where I spit out random other events in my life:

Yesterday my friend told me that I am Liz Lemon. This both was incredibly flattering and made me feel ridiculous amounts of pressure to be funny all the time and declared right then and there my retirement from comedy. Also I'm hoping the Liz Lemon thing was more of like a Tina Fey thing, cause let's face it, Liz Lemon is kind of a total disaster.

My parents are officially in Utah. I am sooooo pumped. Sell them a house, please.

I got beautiful flowers and delicious chocolates on Valentine's Day from a secret someone and it made my whole day/year/life. So thanks. You know who you are.

If you were wondering how many ounces of Dr. Pepper I have had today, it's 48. Did I have to add 32 and 16 on a calculator to get that answer? Of course I did.

My hair is pretty short, but it makes a pretty great mustache.
 Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment