.

.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

My dad could fix a clock faster than your dad



I'm just gonna jump right in with this, so here's the thing: my dad is the best.

There is no disputing this, as I would never argue that your dad is the best too. But mine is the best of the best (he is in the Army after all).

Everything about my dad is so super great. Let's think of some things, shall we?

My dad is - as already stated - in the Army. He is a Colonel. That is dope. He is the commandant of the Defense Information School. He runs it! He has no boss. Top dog. When he walks into a classroom, everybody in the class has to stand at attention until he tells them to stop. And then when he walks out, they do it again. Boom.

My dad worked at the Pentagon. He knows all kinds of secrets that you wish you could imagine. He knows what the DefCon is. Or at least he did, maybe it's changed. One time he told me he had to leave immediately and he would be gone for a couple days and he couldn't tell me where he was going. Awesome.

My father loves guns. He likes to shoot them, he likes to build them, he likes to make his own bullets. When he's retired, he just wants to build and sell guns. How cool is that. If he were one of those scary dads who tried to make their daughters dates feel uncomfortable he would be a pro. (But he's not one of those dads because he is cooler than that.)

Dad likes racquetball. I can't beat him at it. I probably will never be able to. Neither will you.

My dad can fix anything. ANYTHING. Try to find something that he can't fix. You can't do it! He fixes old clocks for fun. He has built two computers. He can handle any electrical, mechanical or other situation. He has built houses. He finished our basement. There is nothing he can't do!

He used to jump out of airplanes. For his job. I don't even know what the purpose of it was, but it was so cool.

My dad is a super goof. I think that's the best thing about him because even though he is so awesome and tough at his job, and he works hard, he is just a dork. He loves a good pirate joke (or, as Kimberly pointed out, a bad pirate joke). He sings the same four songs, and only knows one line of each. He wears his sunglasses at night. O somio, it's a rigatonio.












My dad used to have a mustache, and he looked good.

Dad loves Star Trek. This summer I have been watching the original series with him. It is a good show! My dad has great taste.

He will do anything for me ever! It's the best.

My dad is also the best grandpa to my two little nephews. I am so excited for when I have children and I can let grandpa teach them about how to be as awesome as him.

My dad will push me to do better and be better because he knows that I can do it. He knows that there are things I need to earn and learn and do and he believes in me. I could not be more thankful for him because of that.

My dad is strong in the Church. He loves the gospel and that is so apparent.

My wonderful father loves is children and his family so so so much. He doesn't cry often, but the times I have seen him get teary-eyed and chin-quivery were when he was talking about his family.

Have I said enough yet? Do you understand that my dad is the best? He's the best.

I love you, dad.

1 comment: