.

.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Catching Hunger Fire Games

I finally watched Catching Fire, and halfway through I remembered seeing the first Hunger Games movie.

I went to the midnight showing with my lovely friend Emily Zimmerman. It was the Thursday night/Friday morning after Josh and I started dating. He couldn't go because I had gotten the tickets before then and I had no idea that I would have somebody to take when the time came. As I have mentioned before, Josh told me he loved me that Friday when we went to his family's house. I had completely forgotten until about two hours ago that I had been up so late at a movie the night before.

We went to the movie, and it was great, and I was telling Emily all about this boy I was dating and somehow I had managed to smuggle a giant takeaway box (I like to say takeaway because of that one time I lived in England for six weeks) of Beto's rolled tacos into the theater. There was lettuce and guac everywhere.

On the way home, we were texting. I honestly can't remember if I texted him first, not expecting an answer, or if he texted me to see if I was okay. I do remember thinking how incredibly sweet he was to still be awake waiting up for me to make sure I got home safe. I was still telling Emily about him after the movie, and with him texting me, I looked over at my friend and said, "Emily... I think this kid loves me." And then she was like, "you've been dating for like four days." And I knew that, but it just felt like it was coming, and then we all know that it did.

So that's crazy.

For the next two minutes, it is five months ago today that Josh died.

People always say how strong I am and how amazing I've been through all of this blah blah blah.

I still believe all the things I've said before. I still know that I will see Josh again.

It's not helping at the moment.

It doesn't take away the pain.

I miss him very much.

And I am so, so sad.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sad that you're having to go through this horrible, unimaginable trial.
    I'm sad you didn't get more time, and I'm so sad that it takes so long to get to forever ...
    I hope you feel the prayers many of us are saying for you and Logan to feel comfort. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Erica. Please know you are not alone.
    http://heartofapaladin.blogspot.com/2014/05/when-it-still-hurts.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. More blah, blah, blah from me, too. You are remembered and loved and prayed over and watched and cared for more than your mortal eyes can discern or appreciate right now. This time of suffering is being consecrated to your soul to be part of an eternal crown won no other way. I'm so sorry you're so, so sad. :( I don't know how it feels, but I know that He does. Exactly. I will continue to pray that He ministers to your ache.

    From a loving sister in MD (who also finds Emily Zimmerman hilariously fun!)

    ReplyDelete