.

.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter?

Yesterday was a ridiculously hard day.

Usually I'm somewhat prepared, but this time is was just like, "Yay, Easter! Oh no so many emotions, so much heartache I can't breathe aaaaaaagggghhhh!"

You ever had that?

I am in Flowell again this weekend because I'm doing this experiment to see when the Robisons will finally tell me to go the heck home. It was stake conference, which I don't really know how to describe to people who don't know what that is. The best I can say is that multiple congregations in the same area get together and have a meeting and we have great speakers and it's wonderful. One speaker that came was telling a story about how he had an impression that he needed to go to the hospital because of chest pains, and he found out he needed a heart transplant. The night before another test to see how he was doing, he plead with Heavenly Father to be healed to raise his kids and be with his family, and the next day he was totally healed.

It's a beautiful story, isn't it?

CAN YOU SEE WHY I MIGHT HAVE TROUBLE HEARING IT?

I have never doubted my testimony or thought that The Lord had abandoned me because Josh wasn't healed. I don't understand why this happened, but I did understand that it was for a reason. But when I hear a story like that, I can't help but wonder and question. Did I not have enough faith? Could I have done something differently?

I had to actively reassure myself that just because we didn't get the miracle we wanted, it doesn't mean we did anything wrong. It doesn't mean we were less deserving of a miracle. The miracles we received are just a lot more difficult to see.

Another speaker mentioned Lazarus, and I couldn't stop thinking about it the rest of the day. Boiled down version is that the two sisters of Lazarus told Jesus that Lazarus was sick, and eventually he died. When Jesus got to them, he had already been passed for four days. The sisters told Christ that if He had been there, He could have healed their brother.

Jesus went to the grave and called Lazarus to come forth, and he rose from the dead.

Before he healed Lazarus, the most meaningful moment I have read in the scriptures is captured:

Jesus wept.

Jesus. wept.

This man. The Son of God. A man with a perfect knowledge of the gospel and the eternities. A man who knew that He could heal His fallen brother wept.

I know that Josh and I will be together again. I know that his passing from this life does not make him gone from me forever, and I know that the time we lost here will be a mere minute when compared to eternity.

And that does not take away the pain of missing him now. That does not cancel out the grief I feel every day that he is not here.

So still I weep.

But because of Him, one day I will weep no more.


6 comments:

  1. You are such an incredible strength to those around you, Erica. Yesterday was a hard day for you, but I'm so glad that you turned to Christ and Heavenly Father instead of doing the opposite. You are wonderful and I will always admire your valiancy. (I think valiancy is a word, but maybe not. Haha.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erica how my heart aches for you and Logan. I'm sure the pain in unimaginable, confusing, angering, and exhausting.
    As you've mentioned before how wonderful it is to have had something so great to miss so deeply.
    I hope you're feeling the prayers and thoughts for you and baby Logan.
    -meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Erica! I can't imagine what emotions you go through everyday, but your strong testimony helps all those who know you. I wish I could give you a big hug right now to thank you for being an example to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a amazing woman! A bright example of faith and knowing it's OK to cry, but also knowing things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart broke when I heard your story so many months ago. But each time you write it shows the amazing faith you have. Your son is lucky to have such a strong Mother to guide him through life. You are not only a source of strength for your son but to everyone who is around you (even if only reading this blog). Thank you for your example.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so proud of you and your resilient spirit. I can't possibly know the constant pain and sorrow these new months bring you; I don't know that anyone can but the Savior. God bless you in your struggles. Know that there are so many pulling for you, both seen and unseen.

    ReplyDelete