.

.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thoughts on my last first day of school, as told through a series of letters

Dear Wilson Diamonds company car,

Comic Sans? Really? How is anyone supposed to take you seriously?

Just trying to help,
Erica


Dear girl who looks like she's studying at 8 in the morning,

You're making the rest of us look bad. Have you even gone to class yet?

Take it down a notch,
Erica


Dear cell phone,

I'm really sorry I left you home today. I probably missed you more than you missed me. Thanks for showing me you still care by rewarding me with 5 texts.

Never again,
Erica


Dear friends who texted me because they knew I forgot my cell phone,

Way to make my life.

I'm a lucky girl,
Erica


Dear schedule,

Classes end at twelve? Now that is a beautiful thing. Only three classes this semester? Even better.

Maybe I'll get better grades,
Erica


Dear ELang Senior course,

Linguistics and the Media? Not to go all Chandler Bing on you or anything, but could you be any more perfect? The professor showed clips of Modern Family and The Office on the first day. This is going to be a great semester.

Best senior course ever,
Erica


Dear life,

This may seem a little forward, but I love you.

Love,
Erica




No comments:

Post a Comment