.

.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Things I've learned (part 2)

Here's some more of this! I hope I can think of lots to say.

9. (Yes, I'm starting at 9) Sometimes there are people on campus who do weird things like sing out loud to themselves or dress up weird or start yelling in the Wilk, they're either doing some kind of social experiment for their freshman sociology class or they're super nuts. Either way, I've found the best approach is to just act as though it's completely normal and you don't even notice it happening.

10. When taking a test in the place where all happiness goes to die (also known as the testing center), there's this moment right before you look at the screen to see your score. You're feeling really confident or at least pretty ok about your test. This feeling is a trap. You did not do well on that test.

11. When you do actually look up at the screen, and happen to see that abysmal test score next to your ID number, it's best to save any emotion for a dark corner in your apartment. Or possibly eat your pain away at J Dawgs or Scoreboard.

12. J Dawgs is delicious. Eat there as often as you possibly can without wanting to hate yourself. But I don't know if you can hate yourself after eating a J Dawg. Get the special sauce. Seriously.

13. BYU chocolate milk is the best chocolate milk there is. That plus a doughnut from Sugar n' Spice and you'll gain that freshman 15 in no time.

14. As hard as you may try, Cosmo will probably never be your boyfriend. Even if he meets your dad and everything. Life is hard.


On a completely different note, I got an email from my mama yesterday detailing her plans for Christmas break and what everybody was doing. Needless to say, all I want to do now is go home and sit next to the fireplace and be with my family.

Other note. Yesterday Grant was trying to watch a movie on the XBox, and he was all, "How do I set this thing up?" Then Keola said, "Think outside the box." Hilarity ensued.

Last note. B flat.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Erica, I can't wait till we're friends again! I submit that you are hilarious, and that we should set up a monthly date or something like unto it. Also, you made it my goal to have a j Dawg on Friday for lunch. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, and yes. Also I feel like that was your way of inviting me to have J Dawgs with you? I accept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I just remembered my BYU experience with more potentency then I have in a long time.

    You want to know something sad? I only ate at JDawgs once. Once. I think it just got there as I was leaving.

    Yes. The choclate milk is amazing. They make this stuff here in Idaho that is supposed to be good, but they put potato flakes in it. (Like food storage). Oie. I submit that choclate milk tastes better after you have bombed a test anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be too sure about Cosmo never being your boyfriend. My friend's husband used to be Cosmo, so there is hope. :)

    ReplyDelete